[OM] Re: OT colonoscopy

Subject: [OM] Re: OT colonoscopy
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 12:00:58 +1100
There's an element of blame the victim ideology in the use of
'willing' Bill. I'd rather think that the essence of a 'civil'
society is its willingness to look after those who can't fend for
themselves and they are many for all sorts of reasons. The example of
your unfortunate friend is a good case.
Of course some people exploit the system and some juries/courts
acquit the guilty. It is in the nature of a fair system that you err
on the side of benevolence.
But then, I'm just another grumpy liberal in a nation where that's
not an insult.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx