[OM] Re: OT colonoscopy

Subject: [OM] Re: OT colonoscopy
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 18:25:14 -0800
Walt Wayman wrote:
> Being a charter and armed member of the Language Police, I get annoyed at
> people's misuse of the term "acute." It doesn't always mean "really bad,"
> like some seem to think, and which it can mean. It mainly is just the term
> for something that had a sudden onset.

I agree. It seems to cause endless confusion between medical personal,
those they treat and those helping the treatees.

Typical exchange:

Is the pain acute"

No, it's not so bad, but it keeps me uncomfortable.

So it's been going on for some time?

No, it just started to really bother me yesterday evening.

And when did you first start to notice it at all.

Well, really, I guess it wasn't so bad until this morning.

,,,,,,,,,,,, and so on, and on.

Om content, hearing these exchanges makes me want to find a quiet place
to chant the magic name.

Moose