[OM] Re: Ultimate cheap macro studio

Subject: [OM] Re: Ultimate cheap macro studio
From: "Scott Peden" <scotpeden@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 00:24:48 -0800
A 38 mm reversed is 17.5 mm wide field. Using the shutter speed, I am
getting better depth, though haven't had nearly the messing around time I
want.

Chuck was showing off the EC 14, I think the auto macro ring is called, and
his 35 mm macro on the E-330 I shamed him into buying. Pretty neat set up,
insinuated he only paid 100 for the adaptor and a couple of hundred for the
35 mm macro.

At least for field of depth and the size of what we are shooting, this
handles most of what we want (then I find 2-4 mm long insects and chase them
hand held over the top of a mossy fence post) if I can get a camera program
to work and not screw up my pics, I'll post some tomorrow. Ladybugs with
water on them, trying to huddle together from the rain and the cold was a
treat today, they were holding still! ( I was using the 14-45 reversed at
35-45 mm as I can get a little depth of field at those ranges, at 14 is it
flat and a line across the middle of the lens is all that focuses).