[OM] Re: [OT] Health Care

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Health Care
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 17:22:04 +0000
Once upon a time, I might have disagreed with you, but not now. I think anybody
who's ill and needs a doctor ought to be able to see one.

I'm fortunate, I suppose, in that I worked for the county for 33 years and
retired with full Blue Cross/Blue Shield insurance. My monthly contribution,
deducted from my pension, is only $60.34; the county takes care of the rest.
And I can go to any doctor I choose; none of this "you've got to use one of
ours" stuff.

And I'm amazed at the waiting times for treatment in Canada that Mark posted.
When my oral cancer was diagnosed, I had an MRI and blood tests the next day
and surgery a week later. Some things work; some things don't.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --