[OM] Re: [OT] Health Care

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Health Care
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 12:26:20 -0500

If you'll pardon my French, and meaning no disrespect, what fucking
difference does it make how fast you can schedule an MRI if you don't
have any way to fucking pay for it?

Besides, when you get right down to it, we're almost already there
anyway. My autistic son is on something called Maine Care. It's
actually universal health care for people with disabilities. (He got
a CT scan scheduled in a day.) When I turn 65 all too soon, I'll be
on Medicare. If I was really poor, I would qualify for Medicaid. All
government funded programs (State + Federal to greater and lesser
degrees, with lots of bitching and complaining and finger-pointing
thrown in.) The hoops we jump through to avoid universal health care
in this country are truly legendary in size and proportion. And
costly. The companies who provide health care in this country talk
about how much of a struggle it is to provide it, and how much it
costs, and the handwringing is just pathetic. But when the public
handwringing is done, they climb in their Lexus or their Mercedes or
their BMW or Infinity and drive away.

When was the last time you saw a hospital administrator drive off in
a Yugo?