[OM] Re: Digital Zuiko 18-180mm f3.5 - 6.3

Subject: [OM] Re: Digital Zuiko 18-180mm f3.5 - 6.3
From: "Daniel Sepke" <daniel.sepke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 17:59:35 -0800
Roger,

I have this lens and enjoy it when I need a carry around lens. It is not
much larger than the 14-54mm when at its smallest. As you guess it is a
Sigma optical design that has been slightly modified by Olympus, they
chopped the last 20mm of the focal length designation. The built is in line
with the rest of the mid grade DZ lenses and features the focus by wire
feature. My only gripe is the raspy tone the aperture mechanism makes on my
example, I don't know anyone else that has one here so can't confirm if that
is my one or all of this model. Optically it has been great on the E-1 with
good technique for the long end (360mm equiv). I haven't done exhaustive
testing though, just taking snapshots which is what this lens is a staple
for. If anyone has tried one on the E-400 I would like to hear your thoughts
as the pair may be made for each other (mmm, E-410 with in body IS... Oops
stop drooling Sepke...).

Dan S.