[OM] Announcing the 2007 OM Vernal Equinox Photo Exchange!

Subject: [OM] Announcing the 2007 OM Vernal Equinox Photo Exchange!
From: Steve Dropkin <steve@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 19:50:37 -0600
It is time again for another OM-List Photo Exchange!

WHAT IS IT?

For those new to the List, the Exchange is a fun opportunity for
members to share a print of a favorite photo with another List
member -- and, eventually, with the entire List. On the official day
of the Exchange, a Web site of all the photos will be unveiled so
all of us can see.

The subject of the photo is up to you, within the bounds of good
taste (in other words, is this a photo you would display on _your_
wall?). It's always nice to provide a little information about the
subject, exposure, etc. It is _not_ necessary to take a picture just
for the Exchange, though you certainly can use this as an "excuse".

Olympus gear -- OMs, E-thingys, rangefinders, Pens, point & shoots,
etc. -- must be used in taking the picture. You can use third-party
lenses, flashes, etc.

WANT TO PARTICIPATE?

Here's what you need to do:

1.  Start thinking about the image you want to exchange -- or start
shooting. :-)

2.  Send me an email at steve@xxxxxxxxxxx telling me you're
interested in participating. Include your mailing address. I will
return to you the details for scanning and sending your image.

3.  Use that email to send a JPEG of your image to Brian. YOU ARE NOT
AN EXCHANGE PARTICIPANT UNTIL BRIAN HAS A JPEG OF YOUR IMAGE.

4.  Once your scan is received, I'll send you the name and address of
your Exchange partner.

5.  Print your image and send it to your Exchange partner.

6.  Enjoy the print you receive from another List member and, on May
15, check out Brian's Exchange Web site!

THE TIMELINE

by April 1      Email me to tell me you're interested AND email
                a JPEG of your image to Brian.
by April 3      I will send emails assigning Exchange partners.
by May 14       Your Exchange partner should have your print.
May 15          Brian will unveil the Exchange Web site.

PLEASE NOTE

The OM-List is an international list. It is smart to assume your
Exchange partner may be an ocean or two away. In addition,
countries have mail systems of varying efficiencies. Please allow
for the expense of mailing your print safely and in plenty of time
for May 14. If you are "running late", _you_ are responsible for the
expense of expediting delivery. Everyone should have their print no
later than May 14, 2007. IF YOU CANNOT COMMIT TO THIS, PLEASE DON'T
DISAPPOINT SOMEONE ELSE BY SIGNING UP FOR THE EXCHANGE.

QUESTIONS?

Please contact me (at steve@xxxxxxxxxxx) or Brian (at
bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx).
Thanks -- and enjoy the Exchange!