[OM] Re: OT colonoscopy

Subject: [OM] Re: OT colonoscopy
From: Richard Lovison <rlovison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 23:06:59 -0500
Gary Edwards wrote:
> Good grief, Chris, look what you've started!
>
> On a serious note, I spoke at the funeral of my best, and lifelong, friend
> last week.  Colon cancer, a cruel end.  He was an artist, an adventurer, and
> a unique spirit.  I'm tired of speaking at funerals, especially when I have
> to face someone's heartbroken 13-year old daughter.
>
> Go see about a scoping if you're of that age.  I have an appointment next
> week.

Funny coincidence.  I just went for a physical on Friday and my doctor
was reluctant to let me leave until I gave him the OK to make the
referral to the Gastroenterologist.  He made a point to remind me of my
mother's early death due to colon cancer and because of this, I was at a
25% higher risk.   So sometime within a month or so I'll be scoped.  I
have an Echocardiogram scheduled for tomorrow.  Geez, never thought my
early 50's would be so much fun.

Richard L