[OM] Re: [OT] Health Care

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Health Care
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 20:31:46 -0800
> From: Richard Ociepka <ociepka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Bob Whitmire wrote:
>> what
>> difference does it make how fast you can schedule an MRI if you don't
>> have any way to pay for it?
>
> In many cases if you can't get treatment fast enough it won't
> matter if
> you pay or not.

As I pointed out, it's called "triage."

Can you really cite a case where someone in Canada died or had other
serious consequences because they didn't get an MRI "fast enough?"

You can't take a statistical average and make a case that people
aren't getting something "fast enough." It could be that a longer
average waiting time means people are being treated successfully in
some other way. Or not. It could be that a shorter average waiting
time means that unnecessary procedures are being performed. Or not.
You just can't tell from a single number.

:::: Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have
guided missiles and misguided man. Martin Luther King Jr.
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.Bytesmiths.com/Item/02CJDBGF>