[OM] Re: OT Probably controversial

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Probably controversial
From: Bernard Frangoulis <lists@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 18:48:50 +0100
> > I don't know. It seems to me that the people who reject all the
>> science about global warming also reject the science that the earth
> > is more than 6000 years old.
> >

>An absolutely ridiculous assertion, but then I guess it's become quite
>fashionable to sneer at those who belong to a religion.  Well, christians at
>least.

Well I feel "sneered at" by the assertion, but as a scientist, not as a
religious man (which I definitely am not)...
That being said, I agree with what you said, Bruce, especially this:
>The only thing that is absolutely
>certain about the whole thing is that climatological fearmongering is a huge
>industry, worth trillions of dollars to certain groups.

And why is it that so many people find satisfaction in "thinking right", i.e.
like everybody else and the televison says - and in excluding those who do not?
Very often these days we do not have a debate, but a preach.

Bernard