[OM] Re: [OT] Health Care

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Health Care
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 10:14:08 -0800 (PST)
> In many cases if you can't get treatment fast enough it won't
> matter if you pay or not.

I promised myself not to respond to this thread but I cn't help it.
My wife was diagnosed with Breast Cancer several years ago.  It was
caught VERY early.  Our health care system in this area was not only
outstanding but fast.  Within two weeks she had completed not only
the biopsy, but the primary surgury.  As soon as her scars healed up
enough she was on radiation.  Very quick.  When it was found the
second time, she had her surgury within a few days.

In comparision, my mother was diagnosed with two different types of
cancer last spring.  It was nearly two months before she had her
surgury and even longer before chemo started.  Several months ago she
was given a clean bill of health--until about a month ago.  It took
FOUR weeks to schedule the BIOPSY!

Lousy health-care and excellent health-care can coexist in the same
country under the same medical reimbursement rules.

AG

http://mobile.yahoo.com/mail