[OM] Re: 5D Cleaning Problems?

Subject: [OM] Re: 5D Cleaning Problems?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 14:57:13 -0500
When the number of times they show up causes you enough headache and
heartache in PhotoShop dust spotting that it overcomes your fear of
flying.  When it does, try the recommended brush method.  As I pointed
out probably many weeks ago, once you have a clean set of brushes,
cleaning is very simple, takes only a minute or two and I found the
brush method to work exceptionally well with almost no risk of harming
anything.  I had no more concern about sweeping the surface of the
sensor with my brush than I would have doing the same to the front
element of a lens.

One thing to watch out for is whether there might be a bit of grease on
some linkage in the mirror box that you could touch and accidentally
transfer to the sensor while stuffing the brush down there.  Not a
disaster but messy to clean off with solvent.  I spent a long time
carefully examining the mirror box of the 5D and concluded there were no
greasy spots in the mirror box.

Chuck Norcutt