[OM] Re: OT Probably controversial

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Probably controversial
From: "Johann Thorsson" <johann@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 14:43:22 -0700
Sorry - it was not intentional.  I seem to recollect that according to most
recent data (think this comes from Malcolm Hughes, you can listen to him on
the podcast), the CO2 conc. is approaching the highest levels ever known to
have occurred.  I might be wrong there.  That is not the point anyway, what
people are scared off is the rate of change, how fast this is occurring and
what the consequences of that might be.  What is most important after all is
the resilience of our ecosystems.  If their current dynamic equilibrium,
which we and the rest of the world's organisms are adapted to, starts to
change towards states which we don't know and can't survive in due to lack
of adaptive potential, then we are in a pretty dire situation.

This has been a good discussion, I may revisit it later but I am afraid I
must concentrate on some other things for the rest of the day - unless I
want to stay as ABT for the rest of my life :)