[OM] Re: [OT] Info on external HD's and monitors, please

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Info on external HD's and monitors, please
From: Richard Ociepka <ociepka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 16:57:34 -0500
Willie Wonka wrote:
> My HD is pretty full and I need a method for backing up my files.  For now,
> the solution lies in buying an external HD, but if you have better ideas, I
> would love to hear them.
>   I am looking for something that will be connected to my desktop, which
> means that its dimentions are not important, since it will never leave the
> room.

This is the method that works for me.

I pick up extra 200 GB internal drives cheap...$40 after rebate.
I keep two in the system ghosted together.
I ghost to a spare ever now and then for off site safe keeping. I simply
connect the cables from the slave drive to the spare and let the drive
sit on the bottom of the machine for ghosting.

Dick