[OM] Re: [OT] Health Care

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Health Care
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 19:20:57 -0800
> From: "Scott Peden" <scotpeden@xxxxxxxxxx>
>
> ... the county tells me if
> I can't come up with $550 for an extraction then I have to wait
> until it is
> life threatening.

It may be already! Chronic tooth infection can lead to systemic
chronic inflammation, which is implicated in heart disease. Get it
pulled!

Do you have a dental school within driving distance? I just had an
extraction done for $96. That's less than I know you've spent on
camera goodies the past month or two! :-)

I'd been nursing this thing along for years, but was getting fairly
regular headaches -- several a week -- on that side. No headaches
since the tooth is gone! I should have done it long ago, but losing
my first tooth was just too much a reminder of mortality...

It's a shame that dental care is treated separately from other health
care. As one of the supervising dentists at the school told me,
"Dental health IS physical health!"

:::: The per capita wattage that is critical for social well-being
lies within an order of magnitude which is far above the horsepower
known to four-fifths of humanity and far below the power commanded by
any Volkswagen driver. -- Ivan Illich ::::
:::: Jan Steinman http://www.EcoReality.org::::