[OM] Re: My lens plan

Subject: [OM] Re: My lens plan
From: Wayne Harridge <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 14:23:01 +1100

> Allen Coltrin <hjlantern@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> Hi All,
>
> This is what I have to date. I didn't include the adaptall mounts.
> DIGITAL BODIES/LENSES
>
> Olympus Evolt E-330
> Olympus Evolt E-500
>
> 35mm Macro Olympus
> 14-45mm Olympus
> 40-150mm Olympus
> 50-200mm Olympus
>
> Here is what OM glass I have. Includes purchases not recieved yet.
>
> 300mm f/4.5 Olympus
> 90mm f/2.5 macro Tamron
> 80-200mm f/2.8 Tamron
>
> My next purhases.
>
> 350/700MM TAMRON f4.5 Telephoto Canon Nikon Pentax +++  I WILL HAVE THIS
> ONE

Why bother when you have the Zuiko 300/4.5 ?

> This is what I'm still looking for in April.
>
> OLYMPUS 0M FIT 2x TELECONVERTER
> TAMRON SP 60-300mm-Macro, 1:3.8-5.5 fits Minolta SLR
> Olympus Zuiko 75-150mm Zoom Lens OM Mount NICE NoReserv

This range is already covered by 2 of your DZs !

> OLYMPUS ZUIKO 200MM F4 MC TELEPHOTO LENS *EXCELLENT++

This one is covered by your 50-200 DZ

> OLYMPUS OM mt TOKINA AT-X 35-200MM ZOOM LENS-MINT!

Ths range is covered by you DZ lenses.

> Tamron SP 300mm F/2.8 LD (IF) Telephoto Lens NEW        WET DREAM!
> TAMRON SP 500mm f8.0 LENS/ADAPTALL 2/NIKON Ai/USED/WARR
> TAMRON ADAPTALL 2 SP 500MM (REFLEX) LENS, CASE & FILTER
> Tamron 500mm SP F/8 Tele Macro Mirror Lens w/Case
> Tamron SP 500mm f/8 Mirror Lens - Adaptall II
> 350/700MM TAMRON f4.5 Telephoto Canon Nikon Pentax
>
> These are the ones we talked about that I still am waiting to get.
>
> Tamron SP 400mm f4
> Tamron SP 300mm f2.8
> Tamron SP 180mm f2.5

This one is covered by the DZ 50-200.

> Tamron SP 17mm f3.5

This one is covered by the DZ 14-45

> Tamron SP 60-300mm
>
> What do you think?

Most of the lenses you are looking for you already have the focal length
covered by your existing DZ lenses which as well as being designed for the
bodies you have are also AF rather than MF.

I think you should try to get the most you can from what you already have, then
fill in the gaps when you really need to.

...Wayne

Wayne Harridge

http://lrh.structuregraphs.com