[OM] Re: cleaning sensors

Subject: [OM] Re: cleaning sensors
From: "Scott Peden" <scotpeden@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 22:57:37 -0800
The lens cloth is GONE! I got another one. I have camera lens cleaning
solution, but I took one look inside the camera and knew that I didn't know
what chemicals were Ok to use, much less if a micro cloth or brush was OK
either.

No, the whole camera together was under my shirt, not apart! It seems when I
turn the camera upside down or such is when  suddenly get this stuff on that
viewing screen.  Eight out of 10 of the pics I posted about Pine Mountain
and Buzzards roost was taken with a ton of crap on that viewing screen,
never hurt the photo's, if it had been a manual les I'd never had been able
to Focus it.

The camera shop that blew it out before, blew it out again for me tonight,
it was all just on that viewing screen. It never was showing up on the
pictures (fortunately!)

Static charge and plastic, makes complete sense to me. In fact that is a
relief as I was worried it would then start happening on the other surfaces.

Micro vacuum huh? They have a large hand blower that I'll pick up next week.
I'll see about getting a swiffer soon too.

This sounds like a way to go too, since I have other static troubles, it
being winter in the wet sunless redwoods (note the mini mountain tops I
visit to see the sky on occasion)
http://www.cleaningdigitalcameras.com/methods.html

How much lint do you think I'll generate when I burn that (not) cleaning
cloth. Sheesh, I only had it in there once to try to dust the screen off and
it added 10 times more crap!

Thanks again!
Scott