[OM] Re: Developing film with Coffee?

Subject: [OM] Re: Developing film with Coffee?
From: priit@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 13:11:45 +0200 (EET)

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007, Bill Pearce wrote:

> What I don't understand it why some person thinks that he can brew up
> some starbucks and drop in his film and get as good results as with a
> concotion that has been carefully designed and tested for just that
> purpose.

One possibility could be that he uses it as low contrast developer. His
long stated development time seems to support that idea.

The page does not state whether he scans his film or prints it directly.
Scanning should be an easier way to get results with "difficult"
negatives. In other words, this may not be so great for darkroom printing
because the resulting density might not be optimal. Of course this is all
just speculation on my part :)

priit.