[OM] Re: T-28 cable extension anyone?

Subject: [OM] Re: T-28 cable extension anyone?
From: "Johann Thorsson" <johann@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 07:54:16 -0700
I am pretty good at soldering so that is not a problem.  But I would rather
not cut the cables, making some kind of a plug and extension cord sounds
more feasible to me.  Regarding the poor design which Jay commented on, of
course Olympus designs their equipment according to what they intend it to
be used with.  But it is of course short shighted not to vision something in
the future which would require longer cords, and thus make it possible to
extend them with some kind of extension cords or similar.  But my case may
be unusual, I am making a macro flash rail, been a hobby for some time and
it is in the last stages.  I decided to design it so it would be possible to
have the flash heads at various distances and locations relative to the
lens/rail, but then the cord lenght becomes the limiting factor.