[OM] Re: #040 Whiston church

Subject: [OM] Re: #040 Whiston church
From: "Ian Nichols" <ian.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 12:45:29 +0000
On 28/02/07, Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I suspect, Brian, that the church is apparently foreshortened by the
> angle of view of the lens.
>
> It will have a roof on it, a (shallow) pitched one, but it's hidden
> behind the castellated wall which extends higher than the roof.

I reckon GB's a fraud - that's obviously a cardboard model of a
church, whose image has been photoshopped onto a landscape shot. ;)

But seriously, the lighting does make it (and the foreground tree)
stand out pretty starkly, compared to the gravestones which are at
such an angle as to have their visible faces in shadow.  Full marks
for patience, Graham, if you had to wait for that.