[OM] Re: Random scans from the files - bokeh monster

Subject: [OM] Re: Random scans from the files - bokeh monster
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 15:46:46 -0800
C.H.Ling wrote:
> Very interesting, I didn't know stop down can improve bokeh.
I'm pleased to have been able to provide new information to a master of
bokeh.
> The Zuiko 50/1.2 I had was not good at both wide open and stopped down to F5.6

I suppose it depends on lens and to some extent on subject. It makes
logical sense; as the object becomes more in focus with increasing DOF,
the funny OOF effects would seem likely to lessen.

My image organization is poor, and my notes even worse, so looking up
the exact details of the example is problematic, but I think there are
either f1.8 & f8 or f2.8 and f11. Perhaps you would have seen
improvement on the f1.2 at yet smaller apertures - or not. :-)

Moose