[OM] Re: #040 Whiston church

Subject: [OM] Re: #040 Whiston church
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 02:57:17 -0800
Chris Barker wrote:
> We went to see the Bedford Creative Arts gallery to see a
> photographic exhibition by Grete Dalum-Tilds, "Garden"
>
> http://www.bedfordcreativearts.org.uk/big/gal/gal-ex-now-bio.htm

OK, I give up. Why would I even go across the street to see these
pedestrian snapshots?

Are they that much better full size and in person that the tiny thumbnails?

Am I simply hopelessly clueless?

Is it possible to explain their appeal to me?

"Dalum-Tilds' work provokes questions about private and public spaces,
about what is personal, and explores the means by which one defines
their zone. The fence that keeps you in and others out is protective as
well as prohibitive."

The writing is as bad as the images, and pretentious as well.

Do the photos have to be crap to accomplish that? Or would more
interesting and appealing ones be usable?

Actually, the first one might not be too bad. Who can tell from a
postage stamp? Well, I can tell about the rest.

Moose, who I think I should send to bed now. before he causes real trouble.