[OM] Re: Olympus microscope adapter

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus microscope adapter
From: JOHN DUGGAN <john.duggan10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 18:55:00 +0000 (GMT)
Alan,
      I recently replied to you off list thanking you for information
you supplied - along with the Om links.
  As I said at the time I was going to wait until I received the
adapter before I took the next step.
 Well today I received it..slight hiccup as it was posted to an address
20 numbers different to mine, unable to deliver due to not fitting in
postbox, so notification pushed through door! Detective work by new
owner to find out it was ME, one journey to the Post Office, identity
proved, and it was MINE!!
   As you thought eyepiece compensation is needed.
I will initially machine up an alloy adapter to enable me to couple the
tube to the microscope, and trial my Periplan and high eyepoint
eyepieces. Also my Vickers photo eyepiece.

I am also in the process of setting up a system to enable me to use a
Nikon Coolpix camera with the microscope.
   Thanks again , John Duggan Wales, UK.

<http://www.alanwood.net/photography/olympus/eyepiece-adapters.html#adf>
> I am pretty sure that Leica (or Leitz ?) microscopes of that era will
 need compensating eyepieces,

The all-new Yahoo! Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from
your Internet provider. http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html