[OM] Re: astropotography

Subject: [OM] Re: astropotography
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 22:36:42 -0500
You can see them visually on a modest budget.  Making good
astrophotographs is a different story.

The simplest and cheapest way to get into astrophotography and make some
great images is to do wide field astrophotography with relatively short
focal length lenses.  The equipment, skill set and required patience is
modest.  The best book by far that I know of on this subject is "Wide
Field Astrophotography: Exposing the Universe Starting With a Common
Camera" by Robert Reeves
<http://www.amazon.com/Wide-Field-Astrophotography-Exposing-Universe-Starting/dp/0943396646/ref=sr_1_1/103-3192476-2323027?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1172892638&sr=1-1>
If you're really interested this book is the place to start.

Chuck Norcutt