[OM] Re: T-28 cable extension anyone?

Subject: [OM] Re: T-28 cable extension anyone?
From: "Jay Drew" <dreaded@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 19:54:20 -0800
Tim,
What would you venture the guage of the wire is that feeds the T28 flash heads?
I would think that it's not 14 guage or larger for that 10's of amps.  I would
have thought the matching the wire size and voltage insulation property for a
mid-wire splice would be the key.

If I were chopping in mid-wire (and acknowledging the fact that I just blew the
resale value to hell) I would think that crimp on butt splice with a judicious
amount of electrical tape would do the trick.

Johann,
What are the subject distances and lens setups?  The macro flash holder does
limit you to a 49 / 55 mm lens but you do get 360 degree movement of the flash
heads.  Is this field use or studio stuff?  Bellows or 65-116 Tube?

We can get this designed for you, we can spend your money.
Remember, our advice is free and worth what you paid for it.

Jay