[OM] Re: T-28 cable extension anyone?

Subject: [OM] Re: T-28 cable extension anyone?
From: "Johann Thorsson" <johann@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 21:08:28 -0700
Yeah right, my money - it is my wife's money, I am in school, she is
supporting her manic husband which is slowly getting all the chronic
zuikoholic symptoms there is...

Well the idea is to have the whole thing flexible enough to accomodate
almost anything.  The bracket can hold T-28 and FL-50 at the same time
through the hotshoe and the PC output (still don't know if it is advisable
to plug both in at the same time though - any ideas?).  My current macro
equipment consists of  50mm macro, 135mm macro and 65-116 mm auto extension
(plus the extension rings), bellows and the EX-25 digital extension tube
(great with the 50-200mm DZ).  This is all intended for the field, mostly
flowers and occasional bug that might flutter by.
So it was really the 50-200mm lens that drove me into thinking that it would
be nice to be able to move the flash heads further away than the current
cords allow you to do.  And then I started to think how great it would be to
be able to place the heads almost anywhere, thus the gooseneck idea - and
that demanded even longer distance between the power unit and the flash
heads.  For the time being I am going to place the power unit as close to
the front as possible, and use PC cord, to see if that does it, if not, then
it is back to soldering and making some connectors.
The whole thing is still in the design phase.  I have more or less all the
aluminum ready so I can assemble the whole thing, except for the goosenecks.
I am waiting for them.  They have to be rigid enough, but light at the same
time.  Some of the ones you can readily buy are made to hold up to 4lbs and
weigh accordingly.