[OM] Re: WTB a lens to replace the other

Subject: [OM] Re: WTB a lens to replace the other
From: "Scott Peden" <scotpeden@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2007 01:19:38 -0800
I was looking at a Celestron 5.6f 500 mm mirror, cassie/muskie (since I
can't spell it right) marketed by Adorama, that If I had $250 I might buy,
actually, I'd rent it for 25 dollars for the day then see about it.

At 15-20 minutes before dusk it picked up the far building (at least 1 city
block) well with minimal distortion, but I didn't have a chance to see if my
F8 Seimar would have gotten anything, thy have a tendency to throw me out
the door as close to the up side of 6 as they can, though it is usually
minutes after 6 when I actually get out.  I have trouble getting time to get
there and just futz around for hours before they close. Oh focusing was real
easy, easier than any other manual lens I have used (I was using my camera
on their lens and tripod inside their shop, I might add, I was shooting
through the plate glass windows too).

But again, all I have to compare it to is my $41 dollar Seimar 500 f8.