[OM] Re: Which lens would you choose

Subject: [OM] Re: Which lens would you choose
From: "Allen Coltrin" <hjlantern@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2007 19:24:06 -0800
Yes, you are right on all counts. All the sites I researched were not
exactly kind to either of these lenses. Neither one being the best of it's
group. So up and on to the next. I was just hoping if they were a good mini
mirror. Not so. I was hopoing for either a Tamron or Zuiko.

I'll always be on the hunt to one degree of or another. I enjoy window
shopping if nothing else. I'm a collector at heart. So ifn it happens it
happens. I can wait for the right one.
I took the dogs out in the back yard just now and the night sky is gorgeous.
That is why I want to do astrophotogtaphy. It's the moon, dark clouds,
constellations and such. I have my Oly 300mm f/4.5 so I'm not hurting. And
with a 1.4 or 2x TC will get me close enough. I think it is more the
curiosity of the lens. The 300mm though is no slouch with weight.

On to the next item!!Thanks Chuck,
Allen