[OM] Re: Stuff is getting expensive

Subject: [OM] Re: Stuff is getting expensive
From: "Jay Drew" <dreaded@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2007 23:24:15 -0800
Well Walt, when you order the Cadillac, you get the bill that comes for a
Cadillac (shiny and black or maybe pink).

At Filter Connection that B+W step up is $21.41, so you saved almost a buck and
and a half, or half a gallon of gas.

Of course you could have bought a no name, a Kenko or a Tiffen.

Is the B+W brass and the others aluminum?

Jay (buying the cheap no names & the Tiffens)

>When did little hinky things like step-up rings get so expensive? I've got
>about every 49mm filter there is because of all the little 49mm filter Zuikos,
>but the Summilux 50/2 wants 46mm filters, so, not willing to buy a new bunch of

>filters, I ordered a 46-49mm B+W step-up ring from B&H: $19.95!

<snip>