[OM] Re: Adaptoll mount question

Subject: [OM] Re: Adaptoll mount question
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 09:16:02 -0000
One of the "somethings" you missed is the following which I sent to you on 6
February in response to your question as to whether an Adaptall lens would
fit an E-330, and which answers your current question fully:

===
Yes, the lens will fit the E-330 (well, it fits my E-1!) but to do so you
will need the Adaptall mount, AND the Olympus ME-1 adaptor which allows you
to use OM film camera lenses on an E-xxx digital camera.  Actually, it
doesn't have to be the Olympus branded ME-1 adaptor, there are plenty of
others available on Ebay for much less than Olympus charge, and they cater
for Nikon-E-xxx also (I have a Nikon Adaptall which would suit that
approach).  If you want to use the 2x converter, that fits on the back of
the lens, before any of the adaptors.

Lens - optional 2x converter - Adaptall mount - ME-1 adaptor - E-330
===

I now realize that ME-1 is a typo for MF-1, and you may find some marked
MA-1, but somehow I doubt that caused any problem.

Please also note my post of a few minutes back which points out that the
teleconverter in question is likely not an Adaptall in the first place, but
from the information you have given it is impossible to say if this is for
an Olympus, or for something else.

--
Piers