[OM] New e-410/510 bodies -- what can we work out about users from them?

Subject: [OM] New e-410/510 bodies -- what can we work out about users from them?
From: Dan Mitchell <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 08:24:02 -0700
  Maybe I missed this in the existing thread -- but there's two things
they've changed from the e-330.

  Neither of these has the flip-out screen, which is one of the very
nice things about the e-330 -- and they both only have live view "B",
presumably to reduce the number of sensors required.

  Now, I use live view B a lot, but I also use live view A when I want
to do low-level shooting without having to worry about manually
focussing -- if I have the camera at eye level, I'll use the viewfinder,
so if you take away the flip-out screen, losing live view A doesn't
really take away anything else _for me_.

  I guess what this tells us is that while in theory, one of the selling
points of the e-330 is that you can hold it out at arms length like a
compact and still frame/focus/use it, it looks as if that wasn't
actually getting them any more sales -- or they'd still have that
feature in there.

  Which, interestingly, also tells us (maybe?) that live view is most
likely being used by people with MF lenses, or in studio situations
where you can afford the few seconds to wait for it to flip mirrors
around, focus, and put everything back in place.

  -- dan