[OM] Re: Reviews of E-410 and E-510

Subject: [OM] Re: Reviews of E-410 and E-510
From: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 14:12:46 -0600
On Mon, Mar 05, 2007 at 02:42:04PM -0500, Robert Swier wrote:
> Does anyone else think these cameras are virtually identical? Except
> for IS on the 510, I can't really see why they both need to exist. Why
> not throw all their weight behind a single body? The price is almost
> the same, the body shape is almost the same, it looks like they both
> have the same sensor and both come with the same two kit lenses.

Basically, as far as I can tell, the differences are the shape of the body,
the IS on the E-510, and the E-510 using the same batteries as the rest of
the E-series bodies, while, presumably, the E-410 does not. OTOH, the E-410
will fit in the underwater housing, while the E-510 apparently will not.

I would expect the E-510's bigger battery will last longer than the E-410's,
but that answer will probably have to await someone running real-world
tests.
--
Jay Maynard, K5ZC                    http://www.conmicro.cx
http://jmaynard.livejournal.com      http://www.tronguy.net