[OM] Re: Bellows

Subject: [OM] Re: Bellows
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 20:54:30 -0500
A dual cable release would only be of value to you if the lens is on an
OM body.  One leg of the cable will release the OM's shutter and the
other will close down the lens to shooting aperture.  It's not of much
use though with an OM lens and bellows on an E-330.  With that sort of
rig everything will be manual.

Reversing the lens may be desirable when the distance to the subject is
less than the distance to the sensor.  It has to do with the way lenses
are designed which expects the object distance from the front of the
lens to be greater than the image distance behind the lens.  In close-up
photography these normal object/image distance relationships may get
reversed... ergo reverse the lens to compensate unless it's a special
macro lens to begin with.

If you get serious about this stuff this is a book you should own:
<http://www.amazon.com/John-Shaws-Closeups-Nature-Shaw/dp/0817440526/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/103-3192476-2323027?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1173145846&sr=8-1>
Shaw uses Nikon gear but the principles are the same and the gear is
similar.

Chuck Norcutt

  Without doing all your