[OM] Truncate and change subject lines PLEASEEEEEEE

Subject: [OM] Truncate and change subject lines PLEASEEEEEEE
From: Lawrence Woods <lmwoods@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 23:32:40 -0500 (EST)
Please Please Please people!   PLEASEEEEE

1) Trim all but a paragraph or two of the message you are replying to, and
totally chop off prior messages on the same subject.

2) As the subject of the conversation changes, change the subject line
accordingly.

The Monday digest was unreadable.  It had around
329 primary messages
560 mail headers, meaning 230 untrimmed messages included in other messages
436 Kilobytes
68,472 words
14,644 lines, which is the equivalent of about 250 pages.

I don't have the time to read a complete novella every day.  I try to get
through the digest by searching on "Subject: ", but between messages repeated
inside other messages, subject lines that don't describe the actual subject,
and the sheer bulk. I can't get through the tippings to find the nuggets.

     ----- Larry Woods
           lmwoods@xxxxxxx