[OM] A screw-up that wasn't

Subject: [OM] A screw-up that wasn't
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 05:37:06 +0000
Last week, one morning at about 2:30 a.m., I ordered what I thought were
lithium CR123 batteries, which are what run the Leica motor drive and SF20
flash. I obviously was a little fuzzy at the time, because when the stuff came
today, I was PO'd to see that I had accidentally ordered a half dozen lithium
CR1/3 batteries. Guess I read the "/" as a "2" in the wee, small hours.

So, since it didn't seem worth it to try to send the things back for an
exchange -- it was only a $15 deal -- I just pitched them in the trash. About
an hour later, my brain kicked in, and I realized these were 3V batteries, same
size as a stacked pair of 357's and kin, so they would work in the Leica body.
I grabbed the manual, and sure 'nuff, they are on the recommended list, along
with a pair of 357's, SR44's, et al. So, I went bin-diving and retrieved them.

Anybody know any reason they wouldn't also work in the OM-4 and OM-4Ti cameras?
Surely, one of you electronic whizzes knows the answer to that.

Walt
--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --