[OM] Re: lighting

Subject: [OM] Re: lighting
From: "Daniel Sepke" <daniel.sepke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 08:16:43 -0800
Allen,

I haven't used these particular lights but I will second Dr Flash's
recommendation of the Alien Bees. To me these will be too limiting, in that
they only will allow soft light. Where will you get the drama of a hard
light source? The power to bounce off a high ceiling? Eve if you are only
wanting to dabble or dive in with both feet I say get a Bee or two (I have
two of their 800's and one of their 400's). They are cheaper than either of
these kits and considerably more flexible. Both Chuck and I use them as
working tools for our businesses and I don't know about Chuck but I have
never had a problem with mine in use.

Dan S.