[OM] Re: lighting

Subject: [OM] Re: lighting
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeffreyrkeller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 08:54:16 -0800
I don't use Alien Bees but I agree with what Dan and Dr. Flash are
saying. The flash head on the Interfit 300 is less than 12x13. There
are softboxes that fit various flashes that are that size and wouldn't
limit your use the way those do.

I use Quantum flashes which have a small softbox but can also use an
adjustable parabolic relfector, a snoot, a large parabolic reflector
for long range, or be used bare bulb.

Take a look at the different reflectors about 1/3 the way down
http://www.qtm.com/QFlash/?res_set=yes&res=1280&resh=1024

The flash panels like you've identified would probably work well for
taking pictures of small objects (yaBe sales) but don't have the
flexibility you will want.

-jeff