[OM] Re: lighting

Subject: [OM] Re: lighting
From: "Johann Thorsson" <johann@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 11:37:49 -0700
Unless you have some experience with studio lights and lighting in general,
I would actually suggest to think this through before you start shelling out
money.  Of course this is your money but I would use another approach.
Umbrellas (transparent and reflective) can be had for $1 on oBoy
(+shipping).  You can get good used flash units for $15-30 a piece (you may
already have one or two) and you can get optical slaves, shoes with PC
connectors, PC cords or radio slaves for perhaps $30.  That is considerably
less investment than buying lights for hundreds of dollars only to find out
that they either don't live up to expectations or that you don't use them
that much at all.