[OM] Re: NNNooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

Subject: [OM] Re: NNNooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 09:00:15 +1100
I did this once and they were so annoyed that they called again and
hung up on me.
I remind myself that they are poor slobs who may not be able get get
other work so I try to be polite - it's almost as quick to say, "No
thanks - please don't call again."
Or if you have the time and want the amusement, try -
"Is making nuisance calls really the only work that you can get. How
sad - I feel so sorry for you. What sort of work did you do before
you got laid off...?"
"I levy a charge for the use of this phone line for commercial
purposes. Could first tell me where i can send the invoice. Of course
in the unlikely event that I actually buy the product, this fee will
be waived..."
"Hi, what's the weather like in New Delhi today? Oh you aren't in
India? I thought they moved all these shit jobs offshore by now."
"Look, I really can't talk. I'm recovering from surgery and it was
really tough to get to the phone..."
"No, I'm not really interested but I've had some problems with
billing and service from XXXX - can you help me with that? No? Cna
you tell me who i should call then?"

My wife really can't cope with being rude so i've trained her to say
something like - "Are you selling something? We never buy anyhing or
donate to any charity over the phone." I had to - she kept getting
stuck with books of raffle tickets.

Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx