[OM] Re: FW: Re: change ISP

Subject: [OM] Re: FW: Re: change ISP
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 21:34:19 -0600
> While others have talked about the overall reliability of some
> ISP's, I think it was Moose who has previously mentioned
> the specific reliability of sbcglobal.net at getting his
> (list) email delivered to him at an sbcglobal.net address.

And me.My experience was even less rewarding.

>  their heavy- and clumsy-handed means of trying
> to stop unsolicited email from reaching their customers
> has been, at times, complete frustration.

They say that, but were notable unable to block REAL spam.

> or even their own customers
> to actually do anything about it, and if the customer
> finally manages to bash their head bloody through the
> ISPs Support wall, the problem invariably recurs a month
> or so later, or even less.
Couldn't get that far. NO responsiveness. None. invite me to the next head
bashing party.

> SBCGLOBAL
That''s the one!

> They may be wonderful, problem-free ISPs otherwise.
Nope. highly unreliable service, despite proximity to station.

>  They invariably tell their customers that the
> mailing list owner:
>
> - is a spammer,
Nope.
> - is hosted by a spammer,
Yup.
> - has their mailing list configured incorrectly,
Couldn't get anyone that smart to know.
> - is not blocked at all, or
Didn't care.
> - "...can contact us on this phone number to get us to white-
>  list their mail list" (for about a week)
Wouldn't even consider it.

> [Note, some exageration may be implied in this particular email,
> though perhaps not as much as you think]
none. I don't think so.

If there are Indian natives on the list, I apologise in advance, because as
a member here, you are certainly above average. Otherwise, that country's
phone people are the most uninformed, arrogant non-english speakers I've
ever dealt with. Our own schools' self esteem programs must have been
exported to Indian phone bank workers.

I'm sure some Indian people are good, hard working experts, but those that
man the SBC phone banks are not worth the oxygen they consume, and the only
people worse are the SBC people that hired them.

Bill Pearce