[OM] Re: SanDisk to deliver write-once flash

Subject: [OM] Re: SanDisk to deliver write-once flash
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 08:38:44 +1100
Indeed. The near future of all archiving I suspect. Read-only could
replace such things as DVD's and CD's for a start - faster, more
compact, more robust and no moving parts. Cheap 8gig would do it.
While I've learned to avoid predicting the future, I'd be surprised
if this isn't it in some important way.
On a similar vein, I have a Panasonic MP3 player that uses SD cards
so that you can archive your music collections on them. Neat but it
hasn't caught on yet and I can't use it as it doesn't do Mac
(unwanted gift) so if anyone wants it - brand new, really cheap!
(Panasonic SV-SD750V)
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx