[OM] Re: What the function of this button on the P1?

Subject: [OM] Re: What the function of this button on the P1?
From: Richard Lovison <rlovison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 07:47:58 -0500
Moose wrote:
> Joel Wilcox wrote:
>> If you mean the one that is labeled "SSWF" -- it's just a blue LED
>> that flashes while the Super Sonic Wave Filter is cleaning the sensor.
>>
> So, an on camera marketing tool. It reminds you why it's taking so long
> to be ready to take a picture that you will miss the shot.

You are joking, right?  The last thing that has ever gotten in the way
when I turned the camera on to take a shot is the startup wait time due
to sensor cleaning.  Checking WB, ISO, meter choice and whether the
anti-shock setting is on or off has introduced a far greater slowdown.

Even if all the above mentioned settings were set the way I needed them
to be it still would take me more time to change the zoom setting to
compose that "fleeting moment shot" then the time it takes to clean the
sensor.  You must have been joking, right?

Richard
--
Nature's Luminance
http://bcn.net/~rlovison/index.html