[OM] Re: Quiet, quiet, quiet

Subject: [OM] Re: Quiet, quiet, quiet
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 09:17:14 -0800 (PST)
Walt (cruzin) Wayman wrote:
> Just went out for a few minutes shooting with the Leica. I'm still
> blown away by how quiet it is, even with the motor drive -- it's
> just a "snick" and a barely audible "whirr," none of this
> head-turning, motorized racket some cameras -- I won't name names
> -- make with a motor drive.

How does it compare to the E-1?  My A1 (currently winging its way to
Sony repair) just gives a click-de-click when firing it.  Not quite
as silent as the Olympus XA, though.

I'm starting my prep for the annual shindig in late April.  I suspect
that I'll probably shoot in excess of 4000 pictures this year.  For
that, I'll need everything to be running in tip-top condition.  I
hope the new sensor in the A1 cleans up some of the noise--mine was
substantially noiser than others I've seen.

AG

Bored stiff? Loosen up...
http://games.yahoo.com/games/front