[OM] Re: OEM OM tripod collars, was OM tripod collars awailable anywhere

Subject: [OM] Re: OEM OM tripod collars, was OM tripod collars awailable anywhere?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 21:02:31 -0800
Walt Wayman wrote:
> Sounds like you've never bought parts for restoring an old car, where OEM and
> NOS are common abreviations.
It was just a little, unsuccessful, attempt at humor. It's been at least
a couple months since I fell off the turnip truck.

> I've always liked the contradiction of the NOS thing, because it means "new
> old stock," meaning it may be 65 years old, but it ain't been used yet.
Hey, you tryin' to drop a year? I'm keeping track, you know, just ticked
off another one yesterday. And I'm depending on you to stay just far
enough ahead of me that I can feel like the young old fart.

> Sort of like I'm feeling right now.

Well... I think I've used pretty near all of my parts at least once and
some of them too often to remember (Though some uses of some parts still
stand out in memory.). All broke in by now, and none wore out - ain't a
bad place to be.

Moose