[OM] Re: Ebay scam I walked into

Subject: [OM] Re: Ebay scam I walked into
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 21:25:29 -0800
> From: "Johann Thorsson" <johann@xxxxxxxx>
>
> There is a new scam I recently heard of.  Presumably they send you
> a link to
> oBoy, you log on to your account but then when you hit enter it
> somehow
> takes you to the fraudsters site.

This sounds like the well-known Microsloth bug that allows one link
to show while another is being dispatched. What an idiotic thing to
do to people. Someone at Microsloth probably thought it was a good
idea, because it *had* to have been programmed to behave that way!

I just looked through today's spam to try to find one, but didn't. I
think it involves some "magic character" separating the two URLs, so
the first one is displayed but the second is dispatched.

:::: Having the last word is the final refuge for those who never had
a good point in the first place. ::::
:::: Jan Steinman http://www.VeggieVanGogh.com ::::