[OM] Re: Communications [was lighting]

Subject: [OM] Re: Communications [was lighting]
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 22:02:30 -0800
> From: "Jeff Keller" <jeffreyrkeller@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> Jan, why do you post stuff about how great Mac's are? I don't think
> most people on this list are interested in reading about Macs. Is the
> motivation to create amusement for Mac users? Is the motivation to
> tell windows users how inferior they are?

For the same reason that someone who is into contra-dancing or
sourdough bread making or flower arranging or haiku poetry might pipe
up on one of those lists, when someone expresses dissatisfaction with
their camera, "Oh, I have an Olympus, and it NEVER does that!" :-)

Because I'm a smug bastard, okay? :-)

Seriously, the fact that most of us here prefer a niche player over
the C/N hegemony means we're all outliers, willing to buck trends and
think for ourselves. I shoot with Olympus. I eat organic food. I
drive on biodiesel. And I use a Mac. Think different! In a world
where the vast majority willingly conform to the norm, it's something
to be unabashedly proud of.

I apologize if this offends some people, just as I apologize if
someone finds offense in my little collection of randomly-selected
signature lines. (Personally, religious signature lines drive me
crazy -- but I let it go.)

But I apologize in the sense of "feel sympathy for," rather than
acknowledgment of wrongdoing. I do try to keep it short, unless
engaged. So ignore me, and I'll offend you no more!

:::: If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have
to worry about the answers. -- Thomas Pynchon ::::
:::: Jan Steinman, EcoReality: http://www.EcoReality.org/wiki/
User:Jan_Steinman ::::