[OM] PMA Show

Subject: [OM] PMA Show
From: monte <moont2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 23:28:27 -0700
Olympus's theme here is- live view in las vegas.  410 and the 510 has it
and some smaller cameras.  LCDs seem to be bigger and brighter.  the 510
has sensor based image stabilization.  the sensor is actually moved up
or down and side to side by two motors.  so OM lenses or any lens gets
smoothed out.  the LCD did not articulate  but can be seen from about
any angle and was made that way.  seemed like all the other makers are
doing the same.  don't have my notes with me now but ask any questions
and I'll see if the answers are in the literature.  there are new lenses
but after a day of looking around I forgot which ones.  Sigma did have
two new 4/3rds.  a bright average zoom and a huge 300 ~ 800.  the new E
thingy was there in a glass box and not ready for production so nobody
had any info.  have pictures of most of the stuff (and Dolly Pardon as
she pranced through with a bunch of photographers around).  dust cleaner
has been updated (so they say).  True Pic was the answer to noise and
other things, but it is in all but one basic Olympus camera now.  neat
things down at Panasonic if you are interested. and Sony is jumping in
with both feet big time.
thanks
monte