[OM] Re: Epson V-700 vs Canon 2710

Subject: [OM] Re: Epson V-700 vs Canon 2710
From: swisspace <swisspace@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 15:23:06 +0100
While I do not have the 2710 I do have the crappy 2700  and here are two
sample scans done from both scanners

same picture two scanners
2700 scan
http://thattimeoflife.smugmug.com/gallery/613944#134713089-L-LB
v700 scan
http://thattimeoflife.smugmug.com/gallery/613944#134713286-L-LB

and here original size - warning large files and sorry I didn't scan
both at same resolution but I didn't know I was going to have to compare
them  ;-)

2700 scan
http://thattimeoflife.smugmug.com/gallery/613944#134713089-O-LB
v700 scan  http://thattimeoflife.smugmug.com/gallery/613944#134713286-O-LB

here is a gallery with v700 scans

http://thattimeoflife.smugmug.com/gallery/1277283   all with no post
processing.

on the whole I am very pleased with the scanner although it failed at 10
months old and had to be sent back and the motherboard replaced.  There
is a compay that does wet mounting kits for it.

IanW