[OM] Re: IR film to discover heat losses?

Subject: [OM] Re: IR film to discover heat losses?
From: Richard Lovison <rlovison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 10:53:48 -0500
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> Any advice or references for locating and plugging holes and other heat
> loss points on a 1950's brick ranch house will be appreciated whether it
> involves IR film or not.  Based upon what seems to be flowing down
> through the walls I suspect there are numerous attic holes that need to
> be plugged in the spring.  I ain't going up there now!

Way back in the late 80's Massachusetts provided a free service where a
service team came out to check your residence for heat loss.  They just
mounted a huge fan that blew outward in an exterior door frame.  It
created a nice little vacuum that helped identify air leaks. :)

Richard
--
Nature's Luminance
http://bcn.net/~rlovison/index.html