[OM] Re: My new friend, my preciousssss

Subject: [OM] Re: My new friend, my preciousssss
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 14:22:13 -0800
M7 is the current film Leica rangefinder. I doubt it is the last. The
M7 is the first with an electrically timed and released shutter
allowing aperture priority automatic exposure. It will be confusing
since they have not differentiated digital from film in the model
designation. But maybe that is a clue that it will be the last after
all, at least in the M series. Nikon did the F6 well after digital
became dominant and it has many components in common with the D2X.
There is still room for film outside of the used market.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA